One of the problems with our fast food, fast transportation, fast internet, and fast communication era is that Some. Things. Take. Time. We are no longer wired to have the patience it takes to wait for a fully completed project. Patience has to be intentional these days because most of us forget what it really means to wait. Psalm 27:14 tells us, ” Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!
We are God’s masterpiece. If we’ve been broken and flaws have appeared, then there is one place to go to be restored. That is to the artisan. Most of the famous artwork that we know of from the past can’t be restored by the original artist because they’re dead. Good news! Jesus is alive! We can have the very touch of the Master Himself…it may take some time in cooperation with Him. Don’t just let the work begin, let Him continue working on you as long as it takes. If we’re humble, we’ll admit that the work will be ongoing. There is hope, the pain of the past doesn’t have to have a voice in our future.
“God is in the restoration business!”
Joel 2:25-27 (MSG)
“I’ll make up for the years of the locust, the great locust devastation—
Locusts savage, locusts deadly, fierce locusts, locusts of doom,
That great locust invasion I sent your way.
You’ll eat your fill of good food. You’ll be full of praises to your God,
The God who has set you back on your heels in wonder. Never again will my people be despised. You’ll know without question that I’m in the thick of life with Israel,
That I’m your God, yes, your God, the one and only real God. Never again will my people be despised.”
“See when the devourer destroys your harvest, he is also destroying your seed for future harvests.”
- Do you believe that He will restore what the enemy has stolen from you?
Jeremiah 29:11-13 NKJV
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
- What has been stolen?
- Good childhood memories?
- Jesus knows your needs.
Hebrews 4:15 (MSG)
Now that we know what we have—Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God—let’s not let it slip through our fingers. We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So, let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.
- He understands – so we can trust Him to minister to us exactly as we need Him to. Healing is available to you. Believe you receive.
Isaiah 58:8 (NKJV)
Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
- His righteousness goes before you…His glory is your rear guard! Hallelujah!
“His Glory covers your past. It’s not even the same past because once it’s touched by His Glory it is never the same and neither are you. The glory turns our pain and shame into His testimony and fame.”
- Your memory is malleable. Your memories can actually change over time. You can spend so much time focused on what happened that your perception of what happens changes.
- Caroline Leaf talks about our brains having neuroplasticity. It CAN CHANGE. We know God’s word says that, but guess what? Science agrees. There is hope that we can live anxiety free and PTSD free if you work with the Lord to experience a change in your thought life.
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You Because he trusts in You.
- For a thought to manifest in action, it has to have 63 to 84 days of repeated attention. The more time spent focusing on the thought increases the strength of the thought, building it into a strong and influential memory. When we have painful events in our past, we know that God uses them for good in our future.
Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 (MSG)
Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
- He takes the pain, heartache, and tears from yesterday and they all become part of the masterpiece He has in you. He will use you to testify of His goodness and restoration power.
Isaiah 26:3-4 MSG
People with their minds set on you, you keep completely whole, Steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don’t quit. Depend on GOD and keep at it because in the LORD GOD you have a sure thing.
Who are you? Do you really want to know? Into His word, you must go. Look and see, in Him, you’ll find your identity.
Romans 7:20 The Passion Translation
So, if my behavior contradicts my desires to do good, I must conclude that it’s not my true identity doing it, but the unwelcome intruder of sin hindering me from being who I really am.
He has installed into you immeasurable Greatness and Power!
And [so that you can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength,
20 Which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His [own] right hand in the heavenly [places],
21 Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come.
A word from the Lord to me…Quit looking back to circumstantial evidence. Look forward to supernatural sustenance. Joy is your STRENGTH!
Be made whole.
Matthew 8:3 (AMP)
And He reached out His hand and touched him, saying, I am willing; be cleansed [a]by being cured. And instantly his leprosy was cured and cleansed.
- Sometimes I’ve thought of sexual abuse as a kind of leprosy. It made me feel unclean. Society and sometimes the church reinforced that feeling rather than helped me to be cleansed from it. That shame came not only from inside me, but it came from others who felt ashamed for me. It’s ugly and as humans, we don’t want to look at ugliness and it’s simply hard to without the compassion of Jesus.
- Jesus wants us to hear the same thing that he said to the leper – He is willing – Be made whole.
- Let go of the past, press toward the good things God has planned for you.
Philippians 3:10-14 AMPC
10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
11 That if possible I may attain to the [spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].
12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.
“Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.”
One thought on “What’s Next – RESTORATION”
Beautiful message and very timely and prophetic!!
LikeLiked by 1 person